torture (plural tortures)
- Certain, clearly defined acts perpetrated against helpless prisoners, to force them to suffer excruciating pain and discomfort.
- cruel and outrageous acts that terrorize helpless prisoners to force or coerce them to react in a way that satisfies the torturer.
- Allowing large dogs to attack bound, hand-cuffed prisoners is clearly torture.
- Any act committed by an official of a government against a prisoner of war which could cause undue pain, as clearly defined by many international agreements.
- In every war there are acts of torture that cause the world to shudder.
- (mainly literary) The "suffering of the heart" imposed by one on another, as in personal relationships.
- Every time she says "goodbye" it is torture!
7 letters in word "torture": E O R R T T U.
Anagrams of torture:
Words found within torture:
er err et euro oe or ore ort otter ou our out outer outre re ret retort retour retro roe rore rort rot rote rotte rotter roue rout route router rue ruer rut rutter te terr tet to toe tor tore torr torret tort torte tot tote toter tour tourer tout touter tret trot trout true truer turret tut tutor ur ure ut ute utter